Herbs, Vitamins, Homeopathy, Sports Nutrition, Weight Loss, Natural Skin Care and More ~ Since 1991
Gaia Herbs Echinacea Supreme Provides Ultimate Support for Healthy Immune FunctionSupports Healthy Immune Response
Supports Immune Functions at Onset of Seasonal Stressors
Maintains a Healthy Inflammatory Response to Seasonal Stressors
Echinacea Supreme is an alterative formula that may be of assistance when immune stimulation is necessary. Several activities have been documented for Echinacea spp., including:
- Anti-inflammatory activity (cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase inhibition has been shown)
- Non-specific immune stimulation
- Inhibition of virus productivity Activation of cytokines
- Promotes a shift in the T4/T8-cell ratio in the direction of T4 cells
- Activation of macrophages cytotoxicity against tumor cells
- Increases macrophage production of interleukin-1, interferon-beta2 and oxygen radicals
- Increases B-lymphocyte proliferation
Echinacea has also been reported to be active against Candida albicans, Streptococci, E. coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, S. aureus, and Listeria monocytogenes
Echinacea - It has been said that Native Americans used Echinacea to treat more conditions than any other remedy. It is an immune-stimulant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and has wound healing properties.
Traditionally, Echinacea has been used by Native Americans to treat colds, coughs, sore throats, and snakebite. The Eclectic medical doctors, from the first half of the last century, also praised Echinacea for its benefits with various chronic congestive conditions of the respiratory tract.
Today, modern science is beginning to support much of its established traditional use, by showing that extracts of Echinacea spp. have the ability to increase antibody production, along with resistance to various infections. Research has further shown that alcohol/water extracts of Echinacea significantly enhance natural killer cell function, and have phagocytic, metabolic and bactericidal influence on macrophages.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount per serving size:
ALCOHOL FREE CONCENTRATED EXTRACT(S) OF:
- Echinacea Purpurea Aerial Parts - Certified Organic (Echinacea purpurea)
- Echinacea Root - Certified Organic
- Echinacea root supercritical extract (Echinacea purpurea)
- Echinacea Purpurea Seed - Certified Organic (Echinacea purpurea)
STANDARDIZED TO FULL SPECTRUM ACTIVITY PROFILE PER DOSE:
- Total Isobutylamides
†Each 2 capsules contain 2600 mg crude herb equivalent.
†Daily value not established
Other ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable cellulose (capsule).
3:1 Herb strength ratio (Standardized to 1.5% Tetranoic Isobutylamide using Full Spectrum Process™)
Echinacea Supreme Liquid Phyto-Caps by Gaia Herbs (30 capsules)
In-Store Price: $17.99
Suzannes.com Price: $14.39